Friday, April 30, 2010

Today is the day..

After spending what seemed like hours organizing medications, test, etc. I start my IVF medications today. I'll take Follistim 375U each night between 5pm and 10pm. I work 4pm to 4am for the next three days, so I will take each of them in the locker room. I just hope I feel well enough to keep on working. YOu really can't be and ER nurse running low. I haven't found a lot of consistency about how people feel on them, so we shall see.

On Monday morning I have to stay awake after work and have my first ultrasound at 0730. Then I'll drive another 15 minutes to have lab work drawn. I could have it at the same spot as my ultrasound, but I chose not to. The OB/GYN I use generally does all of this in conjunction with Boston IVF. They didn't have an ultrasound time available Monday, so I am going to another facility. However, they would like all of my lab work performed by the same lab, so I am going to stick with my OB.

Anyway, that is the plan. Stims for 3 days, labs and ultrasound, and then more medications. It seems surreal that this is happening. Im spending the time updating the house to make the time pass. I set up some raised bed gardens yesterday. Well I tried. We had hurricane force winds, and hale, so I gave up. I decided to paint the entry instead. Well Im off to finish my chores. G'day!

No comments: