Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Valuable lessons

Well my bloodwork and ultrasound apparantly went well, as we did not change my medications. I was quite happy to find that I had 6 follicles on the right, and two on the left. On my baseline antral follicle count I only had 2 follicles on each. I was worried about our possibilities, however, I spent a lot of time and lost 10% of my body weight, which could have helped. I was overjoyed.

I also learned that Follistim has extra medication in it. So...I did all of my math appropriately, and when I should have been out of medications, I wasn't. In fact I got a full does when I should have been short 75U. I struggled with this, but gave myselfe the additional medication from a second vial, as I figured that the system was shot. I did lear that there are about 75 extra units in each vial...so I accidentally have taken 75 extra units every other day...now I know. It seems this is a desired thing for many, as you can get extra doses from the extra medicine, but it was a huge source of stress for me.

I'm off to my next set of bloodwork and ultrasound this morning after class. Then I shall wait for results. Wish me luck :)

No comments: